2019 TelethonSA Rivergum Home and Land Lottery
at Seasons Mount Barker
Prize Terms and Conditions
1. MAJOR PRIZE – RIVERGUM HOME AT SEASONS MOUNT BARKER, FURNISHED BY TASTE FURNITURE VALUED AT $394,950 OR $200,000 CASH
I. Winner of the major prize may choose to take possession of the home as displayed (including furnishings) or $200,000 cash.
II. All legal costs pertaining to the transfer of the property together with stamp duty costs and other statutory charges are the responsibility of the winner.
III. The prize includes furniture as displayed in the home and cannot be exchanged.
IV. In the event that the winner of the Major Prize elects to take the $200,000 cash the winner shall forego all rights over the home, land and furnishings included in the Major Prize.
V. In the event that the winner elects to take the Major Prize (house), possession or settlement may take place on or after 1 April 2020.
2. SECOND PRIZE – BRAND NEW 2019 KIA CERATO S HATCH WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND PRESTIGE PAINT INCLUDING ALL ON ROAD COSTS VALUED AT $28,059
I. The prize will be drawn at a venue to be advised on 17 December 2019.
II. Prize must be redeemed directly from Maughan Thiem, 1013 Port Road Cheltenham. All costs for delivery of the vehicle to the winner outside the Adelaide metropolitan area shall be at the winners own expense.
III. Prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
IV. Winner may, at their own cost, upgrade prize offer to an alternative KIA branded vehicle by negotiation directly with Maughan Thiem Automotive.
V. Winner may at their own cost and by negotiation with Maughan Thiem select any optional extras available.
4. FOURTH PRIZE – WALLIS CINEMAS GOLD PASS FOR TWO ADULTS
I. Gold Pass for 12 months upon confirmation with Wallis Cinemas.
II. Not Valid for films marked “No Free List”.
III. Not Valid after 6pm on Saturday’s.
IV. Not Valid for 3D Films or Special Event screenings.
V. Issued in winners name and non-transferable.
5. EARLY BIRD PRIZE – BUNNIK TOURS 13-DAY HIGHLIGHTS OF VIETNAM SMALL GROUP TOUR FOR 2 PEOPLE. VALUED AT $9,000 PLUS $5,000 CASH.
I. To be eligible to win the EarlyBird prize entrants must purchase their tickets in the Home and Land Lottery from TelethonSA or one of the participating charities prior to
3 November, 2019
II. The prize will be drawn on 17 December 2019.
III. Holiday to be taken for small group tour dates departing prior to the 18th March 2021 for two passengers, twin-share.
IV. Prize must be redeemed directly with Bunnik Tours, 45 Flinders Street Adelaide.
V. Prize cannot be exchanged for foreign currency, domestic travel, or any other general travel arrangements.
VI. Winner may, at their own cost, upgrade prize offer to an alternative Bunnik Tour holiday small group package by negotiation directly with Bunnik Tours.
VII. Voucher cannot be transferred for cash
BONUS BOOK BUYERS PRIZE – $5,000 CASH
I. To be eligible to be entered into the bonus draw all six tickets in the book must be purchased in ONE transaction at a cost of $50.
General Terms and Conditions
1. The TelethonSA Rivergum Home and Land Lottery at Seasons Mount Barker (Lottery) is conducted by Telethon Inc. ABN 90 546 102 726, of 118 Richmond Road, Marleston SA, 5033 (“we, us or our”)
2. These Terms and conditions are the rules which apply to the conduct of the Lottery. By purchasing a ticket or accepting a prize, each ticket holder (“you”) agrees to these terms and conditions.
3. The Lottery is conducted in South Australia under Major Lottery Licence No. M13717 issued by the Office of Business and Consumer Services.
4. The Lottery is conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Lottery and Gaming Act 1936 (SA) including the Major Lottery rules as set out in regulation 24 of the Lottery and Gaming Regulations 2008.
5. Proceeds from ticket sales from the Lottery benefit TelethonSA and the participating South Australia Charity partners.
6. Ticket sales open on Monday 26 August 2019 and close at 11:59pm Sunday 8 December 2019 (unless sold out prior).
7. Tickets purchased on or before 11:59pm on Sunday 3 November 2019 will be eligible to win the advertised Early Bird prize.
8. There are 200,000 tickets available for purchase plus up to 40,000 bonus tickets. Tickets may only be sold as single tickets at $10 each or purchase of a book of tickets for $50 which includes an additional bonus ticket.
9. Tickets are available for purchase, in paper and electronic from:
a) From participating charities listed on our website.
b) From TelethonSA www.telethon.com.au.
c) From Telethon’s partners outlets as listed on the TelethonSA website.
d) Point of Sale outlets arranged by Telethon.
10. TelethonSA or its participating charities may wish to contact you for future lottery or fund raising requests. There is provision on the ticket to opt-out of any such requests should you not wish to be contacted. You may also opt-out at any time following the purchase of tickets.
11. Each ticket holder consents to us using their personal information ONLY as necessary to comply with our obligations in relation to the Lottery and in the event that the ticket holder wins a prize, being published as set out in these terms and conditions. This information is kept strictly confidential and NOT shared with any other organisation.
12. The draw for all prizes, including the Early Bird prize, will take place on Tuesday 17 December 2019 at 2pm at ‘The Pavilion’ 387-391 South Road Mile End South. Results will be published in the public notices section of the Adelaide Advertiser on Saturday 21 December 2019. Prize winners will be notified in writing no later than 4 business days after the draw.
13. Winner of the Early Bird prize shall also be eligible to win other prizes in the lottery.
14. A full list of all prizes, their respective values and any conditions are published on our website at www.telethon.com.au . Prizes are strictly as advertised.
15. Unclaimed prizes shall be held for a period of three months after which time the prize will be disposed of in consultation with the South Australian Office of Business and Consumer Services.
16. Assuming all tickets are sold (including bonus tickets) the chances of winning a prize in the Lottery are 1:40,000 (including Book Buyer/Sellers prize). Each ticket has an equal chance of winning the major prize.
17. When purchasing tickets online, the ticket purchaser will have the option of receiving their ticket and numbers via email or to print a hard copy of the ticket and numbers.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
a) We are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including for negligence) for any loss or damage you may suffer, including loss of opportunity and personal injury and whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising out of or in anyway connected with this Lottery, you purchasing a ticket or attempting to purchase a ticket in this Lottery, or any prize; and
b) We are not responsible for the merchantability or fitness for purpose of any prizes and exclude all warranties, express or implied.
19. The winner does not have to keep the home for a minimum period of time and can choose to sell the home at any point after settlement. In the event that the winner elects to take the Major Prize (house), possession or settlement may take place on or after 1 April 2020.
20. Approximate retail value of the Rivergum Home and Land Package (including furnishings) is as of the date of print. Due to housing market fluctuations, the market value of the prize may rise or diminish over time. The winner or licensee is not entitled to the difference, if any, between the stated and actual market value at the time the prize is awarded.